(1) Digital marketing is the process through which an organization can promote its goods, services and grow the brand. A few ways to become successful in digital marketing is explained below:
- Web Design – A great experience for the users who visit the website of the organization plays a significant role in digital marketing. Owning a website which not only shows the brand and provides information but which also makes selling the products easy and motivates the user to buy the products is necessary.
- Landing Pages – The landing pages must help in sales conversion and hence has to be user-friendly, mobile-friendly along with asking for sales and providing a reason to buy instantly
- Web Analytics – A few key performance indicators that must be taken into consideration are sales conversion, average order value, the time spent on the website,e and the pages per visit.
- Mobile Advertising – Since users involve mobile phones as part of their shopping and decision-making procedures, SMS and in-app messaging can be developed to increase sales and discounts can be provided. The content must be simple and shareable.
- Online advertising and social media marketing – This helps in targetting a particular group of customers, especially in social media.
- Content Marketing – Valuable content must be rolled out on a regular basis because the content is everything!
- Using infographics and explainer videos
(2) A digital marketing process that involves 5 primary steps is explained below:
- Research – The research data is the raw material that helps to strategize and create a digital marketing campaign. It is important to research about the business, the customers to be targetted, the product to be marketed, and the online competitors.
- Create – Using the research data that is collected, create the following
1. Objectives/ Goals: The main objectives of the digital marketing campaign must be identified and created.
2. Strategy: In order to achieve the goals set, create strategies such as content strategy, positioning strategy, branding strategy, and marketing channels staregy.
3. Plan: Create a plan that has all the detailed activities with timelines for the campaign
4. Primary Digital Identities: These are the places where the customers are targeted like websites, blogs and app.
- Promote – Start promotion of the primary digital identities through channels such as search engines, e-commerce platforms, social media. affiliate, email, etc.
- Analyze – The audiences, purchases, user behaviour and sales conversion must be analyzed and performance has to be moniotred.
- Optimize – Make necessary variations in any of the four steps above on the basis of performance.
(3) The best strategies for digital marketing are explained below:
- Blogging with SEO: Blog about the solutions for the problems what the customers actually are looking for. They can be helped to solve the problems by explains how your product can solve them in the content.
- Video content: Videos can easily be created about a specific product and also the places where to purchase the products can be added to the description and posted in several channels
- Social Media Marketing: Building a follower base needs a lot of time and effort. Initially, it is suggested to focus on only one social media platform instead of spreading out everywhere. Understand the audience and make relevant interest and preferably short content.
- Podcasts: This plays a significant role to build brand and audience. Creating a podcast or getting interviewed are great ways to do this.
- E-mail marketing: Consistent efforts are required in e-mail marketing especially in building the email list as every time a blog is published, a newsletter can be sent out to the list in minutes and thousands of users will be sent to the blog.
- Paid ads: Three things has to be considered before pitching in money for paid ads. First is the target audience, next is the budget and the last is the commerciality.
(4) Digital marketing can be implemented by using the following steps:
- Understand the Audience: It is necessary to understand who is buying the product and this can be done by using surveys to get to the audience through the commonly used channels.
- Goal Setting and Planning: Be specific while setting goals and lay down a detailed plan on how to achieve them.
- Content Strategy Marketing: Creating original content on a consistent basis will help to pull a lot of audiences.
- Channel Knowledge: Research all the channels and choose the one that fulfills the objectives and requirements.
- Website Optimization: Make sure the website is user friendly and mobile-friendly.
- Customer Service: Customer services especially after-sales are very important and hence the time and mode of customer service are crucial.
- Set benchmarks: if the set benchmarks are not achieved, review and revise the digital marketing strategy.
(5) Some of the best examples of digital marketing are explained below:
- Domino’s: The Anyware tool developed by Domino’s gives attention, not to the product, but how an order is made improved sales drastically and eventually, the image of the brand. This was because the company understood new technologies and acted fast that led to a huge return.
- American Express: With the website named Open Forum, a content marketing campaign was started by AMEX that gave relevant information regarding corporate solutions. The content was so great and aimed at a particular target that the brand was identified as an authority and this led to major traffic to their website.
- Lyft: This rideshare app gave offers like incentives for the users who referred the services to somebody else thus turning into a powerhouse of lead generation. Their clients turned into promoters and the app found its own space among other competitors in the market.
- Slack: The customer service of this organization is notable as they have a specialized team who responses to huge numbers of tickets every day offering solutions after-sales and thus leads to customer loyalty.